Monday, March 14, 2016

Mixing It Up

It's funny how certain things that you are currently loving can be randomly thrown together and work quite effortlessly in a room.  Kinda like a blender drink, no?  Throw all the things you love in a blender and bam, you got one fabulous smoothie or a great frozen cocktail!

I realize that isn't always the case and editing is involved, but I was playing around with things I am currently loving lately and this is what I came up with.



Paint: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Loving emerald green lately probably because I used a darker hue in a client's living room, but I want to use this color more.  So classic.  I would love to paint a den or study in this rich, classic color.  It has me questioning my own LR and DR color schemes! Ugh!

Drapes: I've been a long-time lover of Brunschwig & Fils classic print, Les Touches and would love to use it in a project.  It's SO classic but fresh at the same time.  I can see them in a dining room as drapes - they would make such an impact.  And, if, that isn't in your budget, buy a yard or two for your chairs or as a tablecloth!

Rug: I guess I've been hiding under a rock, but just recently found out that Fibreworks is based in Louisville.  I recently met with a representative to get some of their Bakari samples.   Love this oversized graphic diamond pattern and it would look super chic in a dining or living room.  It keeps the room from feeling too formal or stuffy.

Pillow: Another fabric I'm just dying (DYING) to use and I might need to get it for my own home.  Brunshwig & Fils Chevron Bar silk warp print.  They have a beautiful blue colorway too!

Tortoise:  I NEED more tortoise in my home.  I realized I don't own a single piece.  What is wrong with me?

Lamps:  While I love me a beautiful gourd, these super chic lamps are so gorgeous, no?  They have a beautiful crackle finish.

Lastly, I apologize for the absence from this blog and IG.  Both my kiddos got hit with the flu these past two weeks and when that happens you go into survival mode.  Thankfully, we have a healthy family again and this will be our first week back to school!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Sorry to hear about your kiddos;) I agree with the tortoise...LOVE and I don't own a single piece either;) Glad you are all well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the green and blue. Hope you guys feel better!

    ReplyDelete